A great day for an all-women’s cycling sportif.
The week started with cool temperatures and rain, but by Friday the clouds had parted, the sun was out, and the temperature back on the rise. Sunday morning could not have provided a better day for a ride. And ride we did.
A few fun stats from our second annual Femme/Velo race:
- We had 34 riders this year, up from six riders last year.
- We had women from all over Montana, and Idaho join the Femme/Velo team.
- We had riders new to cycling and for some riders this was their first long-distance ride. Way to go ladies!
- We had riders doing Femme/Velo as a way to train for other regional rides like RATPOD, and Montana Hell Ride.
- Our lead peloton did the 100km course in just over 4 hours, averaging 16.5 mph!
I want to thank our sponsors: Red Barn Bicycles, Valley Bike & Ski, Bitter Root Brewing, and Clatters Coffee House for helping to make this a successful event. We could not have done it without you.
I’d also like to thank our all-male volunteers who spent their Sunday attending to our riders every needs. They ran our aid stations, manned support vehicles, and cheered us on along the course. You are a wonderful group of men.
We’ve got exciting things happening here in the cycling community in Montana, and some big announcements on the horizon…
Until then, Bon Courage riders. Bon Courage!